Image by shayd johnson
terms of service
Live More Campervans Rental Agreement
These terms and conditions are expressly made part of the rental agreement (the “Agreement”) by and between the person(s) listed on page one (herein collectively referred to as (“Renter”) and Live More Campervans, LLC (“LMC”). The terms and conditions of this Agreement shall survive the end of the rental period and remain in full force and effect. Where Renter has released and/or indemnified LMC, it has also released and/or indemnified the officers, employees, contractors and affiliates.
While the first section of this agreement refers to camper van rentals, the second half refers to Travel Trailer and RV rentals. The renter is bound to the appropriate agreement. The Fees Addendum at the bottom of the page applies to all rentals.
Security Deposit & Authorization
A security deposit is required prior to pick-up and will be refunded when all costs are paid as per the terms of this Agreement and the rental is returned and inspected with no damages discovered. The amount of the security deposit is stated in your booking confirmation. LMC may use your deposit to pay any amounts owed under this Agreement. If the amount of the security deposit is insufficient to satisfy all amounts due then the Renter agrees to pay all charges in excess, either by cash, personal check or authorized use of the credit card provided. Minimum requirements for return of the security deposit include: full gas tank(s), returned clean in the same condition at departure, no damage was done to the vehicle (incl. interior damage) and all mileage overages and tolls (which are the responsibility of the renter) have been paid in full. If toll violations are mailed, LMC will charge the card used to book the reservation when the toll violation arrives in accordance with the Fees Addendum. Two days prior to the rental, an automatic charge will be authorized to cover the security deposit and any amounts payable pursuant to this Agreement and by executing this agreement Renter understands and expressly consents to use of the charge for such purposes without reservation. LMC has business 5 days from the return of the unit to inspect the unit for damages and notify the customer via email. The security deposit will be returned automatically within 7 business days if there are no damages to the rented unit or overage charges due.
Renter acknowledges and agrees that no person shall be allowed to drive the rental who is not at least the age of 25, a holder of a valid driver’s license in his or her actual possession, and have been approved through Live More Campervans DMV verification check and have purchased the required insurance during checkout.
Renter acknowledges that the qualifications of any driver of the rental are solely at the discretion and risk of the Renter, and LMC has not evaluated the skill and expertise of any such driver.
Renter acknowledges that LMC has no control over the number of passengers a Renter may allow into the rental or the conduct of those occupants while the rental is being operated. Therefore, Renter acknowledges that they are solely responsible for the passengers on board the rental as well as the conduct of those passengers. LMC only allows 1 passenger per seatbelt.
Renter shall confirm that both driver and passengers are properly using seat belts while the rental is in motion.
Aftermarket seatbelt restraints may be installed in the vehicle. The renter waives LMC of all responsibility in the event of failure of the aftermarket or factory installed seatbelt restraints.
Renter acknowledges that they have or will read the Digital Guidebook prior to pickup of the rental. The Guidebook will allow you to become familiar with the rental vehicle prior to departure. You will go through a quick orientation upon pickup and given the opportunity to ask any questions you may have.
Condition of Rental & Responsibility for Repair
Renter is responsible for all damage to the rental, missing equipment, and LMC’s administrative expenses connected with such loss irrespective of the cause of said damage or loss or the negligence or lack thereof of the Renter. In the event of any loss or damage to the Campervan, or any personal property or bodily injury claim, that occurs during the rental period due to any cause regardless of fault, including, but not limited to, collision, rollover, theft, vandalism, seizure, fire, flood, hail or other acts of nature or God, the renter is held responsible. In the event a renter has violated Live More’s Terms of Service, the renter will be held responsible for the full amount of the claim including the insurance deductible.
LMC is not responsible for personal property left in the rental. All defects and/or damage to the rental noted in LMC return inspection which are not noted when accepting the rental shall be the sole responsibility of Renter and Renter shall reimburse LMC for the cost of the repair. To the extent that the security deposit actually paid to LMC is insufficient to cover the costs incurred by Renter, the Renter authorizes LMC to charge the card on file or will make immediate payment to LMC upon demand. Renter must report all accidents or incidents of theft or vandalism to the police as soon as Renter discovers them and provide a copy of the police report to LMC. Renter must report all accidents involving the rental to LMC within 24 hours of occurrence and provide a copy of the accident report to LMC.
Allowed Use of the Rental
The rental may only be used on those public roadways with sufficient width and clearance to allow the rental to be operated safely and without damage. Under no circumstances may the rental be operated and used for off-road purposes. LMC and the renter purchased insurance policy strictly prohibits this. Campground gravel roads are permitted. If the vehicle is returned with mud, additional cleaning fees will be charged in accordance with the Fees Addendum. The use of the awning is NOT allowed on any campervans. The awning is not covered by any insurance policy and costs $3,000-$5,000 to repair and/or replace. Due to multiple incidents, it is strictly forbidden to use the awning on the vans.
Under no circumstance shall the rental be driven outside the United States and Canada. The rental vehicle may be equipped with global positioning satellite (“GPS”) technology or another telematics system and/or an event data recorder. Renter agrees that they must read and review the Guide Book that is sent in the booking confirmation emails prior to pickup. This will give you a thorough review of how to operate each rental vehicle. Please note that in the event a rental vehicle is returned early, no refund will be given as LMC is not able to recoup lost income from the dates the Renter reserved.
The following are restricted areas:
- Anywhere in Mexico, Baja California, Alaska, and the Northern Territories of Canada.
- Death Valley between the dates 1st May and 30th September.
- Any unimproved road, trail, track (excluding county and state maintained road).
- Any off-road areas (mud, sand dunes, salt flats/plains, beaches, riverbeds, logging roads, etc.).
- The Burning Man festival. A $3000 minimum fee will be charged if vehicle is taken to burning man.
- With prior approval, music festivals and other burns are OK. A higher security deposit may be required. Failure to receive prior approval first will result in forfeiture of entire deposit. If any, damage costs will still apply and be charged to the credit card on file.
Insurance & Costs
The Renter is responsible for all damage or losses caused to themselves, their property, the Campervan Rental and third parties regardless of fault. The Renter must show proof of insurance indicating that the Renter has motor vehicle liability, collision and comprehensive insurance covering the Renter, LMC, third parties for the vehicle you are driving and/or towing even if the Renter has purchased insurance through LMC. Insurance purchased through LMC is provided by Outdoorsy and is only a supplemental policy to the Renter's personal policy. In the event of damage or loss, the Renter's personal policy insurance provider will be the primary means of attaining reimbursement. If the Renter's insurance provider does not cover the damage or loss, the supplemental policy purchased from Outdoorsy through LMC will then cover the damage or loss.
Renter is solely responsible for any and all parking tickets, citations, toll charges and other charges issued during Renter’s contractual possession of the rental.
Interior damage is not covered by the standard Insurance package. Renter is responsible for all interior damage caused and will be required to pay for damages immediately. You may choose the Interior Damage Protection add on during checkout for an additional fee. You will still be required to pay for the damages that occurred during the rental period up front.
Right of Possession
LMC shall always have a superior right of possession of the rental over Renter. In the event that LMC’s officers or employees, in their sole and absolute discretion, determine that the rental is at risk of damage or loss, LMC shall have the absolute right, but not the obligation, to recover the rental from Renter regardless of the amount of time remaining in the Rental Agreement. In the event LMC recovers a rental from Renter, in addition to those costs payable pursuant to other parts of this Agreement, Renter shall pay all costs associated with such recovery including, but not limited to, employee wages, travel costs, fuel and repairs.
This Agreement does not create any type of partnership between Renter and LMC or rental owner. This Agreement may not be cancelled or modified except in writing signed by all parties.
This Agreement is not assignable by Renter.
Renter agrees that venue for any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement or Renter‘s use of the rental (whether based in contract. tort, statue, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory) will be exclusively in the State of Georgia.
This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the state of LMC’s operation.
Renter agrees that in the event LMC prevails in a suit to enforce this Agreement, it shall be entitled to recover all its costs and attorney’s fees incurred in that action.
Renter acknowledges that LMC may not own the rental it is renting to Renter and rents the rental pursuant to a third-party agreement with the owner of the unit.
Renter agrees to the Rental Condition at the time of pick up: The unit you are picking up is clean on the interior and exterior and is in safe and roadworthy condition.
Payment: At the time of booking, 50% of the total rental cost is due to reserve your selected dates. 14 days before your trip, the card on file is automatically charged for the remainder of the rental cost. 48 hours before your trip, a fully refundable Security Deposit is charged to the card on file. Please See "Security Deposit and Authorization Clause" for more.
Cancellation Policy: Due to high demand, we only offer refunds on cancellations with 72 hours of booking. If an emergency pops up, please reach out and let us know as soon as possible. Depending on the circumstance, we typically allow the the rental cost to be turned into a credit for future use with no expiration date. We understand things happen and want to help, but we must also take into consideration the loss of revenue in the event the reserved dates do not get rebooked. Please note that the entire cost of the rental is nonrefundable. If the remaining balance has not already been charged, it will be charged at the time of cancellation. Under most circumstances, we are able to refund the insurance cost.
Pick up and Drop off: Please ensure you choose an accurate pickup time during checkout. If that pickup time changes, simply call or email us to update your time. Please note that we only offer contactless pickup and drop off on Saturdays and Sundays. You are welcome to drop off the vehicle on Sundays before 5pm. Post-trip inspection will be completed by LMC the following morning.
Pick up times are as follows: Mon-Thursday 9am-2pm. Friday 8am-12pm. Saturdays and Sundays are contactless pickup only with no in-person orientation unless otherwise arranged.
Drop-off times are as follows: Mon-Thursday 9am-2pm. Friday 8am-12pm, Saturdays and Sunday 9am-3pm
Late Fees: Please communicate with LMC if you are running later than 3pm. A fee of $75 will be charged if the Van is returned later than 3pm but before 7pm. After 7pm, you will be charged for another night unless otherwise arranged. If the Van is returned after dark or while LMC is closed, it will be checked in the next business day, during daylight hours, and any applicable damages will be charged against your security deposit. If the unit is returned later than 3pm, the renter forfeits their right to complete a return walkthrough with LMC. All drivers must be at least 25 years old and must be listed on the contract when you pick up the Van. If the rental is not returned by 7am the next morning, and no communication efforts have been made, LMC reserves the right to charge the renter a $3,000 abandonment fee and will be forced to contact the appropriate authorities to recover the vehicle.
Return Policy: Rental units must be returned as scheduled. The rental must be returned in the same condition as it was at the time of pickup. LMC will wash the exterior as this is part of your prep fee. Please remember the vehicle is prohibited from being driven in the mud. Any variable charges may be assessed and charged against the Security Deposit in accordance with the Fees Addendum. Renter must contact LMC if they will not be returning on time.
Smoking: No cigarette smoking/vaping is allowed in rental units. If the vehicle is smoked in and odors are present at the time of return, the renter forfeits their deposit. If LMC determines that the fee should be more, LMC may charge the card on file for the additional damages.
Interior/Exterior Damage: Renter is fully responsible for any damage to the interior or exterior of the vehicle including, but not limited to, items such as appliances, cabinet, floors, stains, mud, toilets, showers cleaning/repairs, undercarriage etc.
Activity on the roof of the unit is forbidden.
Travel and Event Restrictions: Rental units may not be taken into Mexico. Rentals are also not allowed at Burning Man. Festivals are okay as long as they are approved before the trip. A larger security deposit may apply. Please see above for other restricted areas.
Taxes: Customer is responsible for all applicable taxes.
Rental Fees: All rental fees must be paid prior to check-out including the security deposit.
Citations & Tolls: You are responsible to disclose any tolls, red light tickets or parking tickets to LMC at the time you return the van. Toll invoices are a major burden. If we receive any tolls, tickets or fees related to your rental, a $70 administration fee plus the cost of the bill for EACH invoice will be charged to you. Responsibility for any traffic or parking violations will be transferred to you and you will be charged a $70 administration fee. If you want to use toll roads, you are free to pay at the plazas or bring your own toll tags, just make sure no invoices or toll by plate, etc. mail comes our way or the $70 administration fee, plus the bill will be applied. Note: Most toll agencies are good to work with and will help you out if a mistake is made and you call them right away.
Cleaning: LMC does not charge a cleaning fee as long as the vehicle is brought back in the same condition as it was when it departed. LMC will charge the Renter a cleaning fee of $75 or more depending on the condition the vehicle is brought back in. While the exterior does not need to be washed, the Renter will be assessed an additional fee in accordance with the Fees Addendum for exterior Mud.
Pet Policy:LMC does allow dogs without a pet fee in some rentals. The vehicle must be returned pet hair free and in the condition it was received to avoid a pet cleaning fee. If the vehicle is returned with pet hair or damage, a $75 minimum fee will apply at the discretion of LMC. PLEASE NOTE: Dogs are not allowed on any upholstered area or vehicle seats due to the soft material and the risk of stains, smells, tears, or other damage.
Repairs: Repairs, DEF, & Oil Change: In the unlikely event of a break down or mechanical issues, repairs under $200.00 should be completed and paid for by the renter. Repairs over $200.00 must have prior authorization from LMC. Please save and submit all receipts for repairs when the rental unit is returned, reimbursement depends on type of repair and cause. If the trip mileage total is over 3,000 miles, Renter will be required to get the oil changed at or around ~3000 miles into your trip. Please bring a receipt to check-in. If the rental is a diesel engine, Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) may need to be added during your trip. DEF falls on the responsibility of the Renter, just like any other type of fuel.
GPS Tracking: The Campervans have been equipped with a GPS tracking device for safety and insurance purposes and must not be removed/unplugged for any reason. While we welcome you to travel freely (with the exception of the above listed locations), failure to accurately report your destination or giving an arbitrary destination in order to attend a prohibited event will result in complete loss of your security deposit and you will be requested to return the Van/TT/RV to owner immediately. NO refund will be granted for unused rental dates.
Renter agrees not to drive in a careless or negligent manner while driving the Campervan Rental, nor drive while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, nor permit operation of the vehicle by any person except those signed to the agreement and approved as drivers. Renter further agrees not to use, or permit use of the rental for unlawful purposes. Renters will hold LMC harmless from any and all fines and penalties incurred during the rental period caused directly or indirectly by negligence, misuse or carelessness. Renter further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless LMC from and against any and all claims for loss of, or damage to property, or injury to person, including death, resulting from the use and operation of the Campervan Rental. Unless prohibited by law, the Renter releases LMC from any liability for consequential, special or punitive damages in connection with the Campervan Rental. Renter shall hold harmless, other client owners, LMC and its authorized agents and employees from and against any and all loss, bodily injury, damages and expenses, including legal expenses, of any kind arising from the Campervan Rental during the Renters possession extending to such time Campervan Rental is completed and cleared by LMC, including without limitations, latent and other defects whether or not discoverable by Renter or LMC. This indemnity shall continue in effect at all times despite the return of the rental before or after expiration of the contract terms whether by formal request from LMC or otherwise. It is agreed and understood that LMC may control the defense of any such claim.
Renter Signature: _________________________________________ Date:________
Renter Printed Name: ______________________________________
**Travel Trailer/RV Agreement & Fees Addendum starts Below**
Travel Trailer and RV Rental and Rules Agreement
This rental and rules agreement will outline in considerable detail what is expected during your rental period with one of our Travel Trailers or RV’s. It may seem like a lot of information, but we prefer to be up front and clear so there is no confusion or unrealistic expectations that may cause misunderstandings later. This agreement is a mandatory prerequisite to being allowed to use the RV or Travel Trailer during your rental period. These terms and conditions are expressly made part of the rental agreement (the “Agreement”) by and between the person(s) listed on page one (herein collectively referred to as (“Renter”) and Live More Campervans, LLC (“LMC”). The terms and conditions of this Agreement shall survive the end of the rental period and remain in full force and effect. Where Renter has released and/or indemnified LMC, it has also released and/or indemnified the officers, employees, contractors and affiliates.
1. Training: Before the start of your trip, it is required to complete a pre-rental orientation of the RV/TT. This orientation will take about an hour, depending on any prior experience you have with a RV/TT. It takes time to do a thorough and complete walkthrough, so please plan accordingly.
2. No Refunds for Early Returns: If you return the RV early, we do not refund the unused days/time. This includes if you have been in a motor vehicle accident with the RV; however, if the MVA is not your fault you may be able to recover your rental costs from the at-fault driver’s liability insurance.
3. Fee for Late Returns: A fee of $75 will be charged if the TT/RV is returned later than 3pm. If the RV is returned after dark or while LMC is closed, it will be checked in the next day, during daylight hours, and any applicable damages will be charged against your security deposit. If the unit is returned later than 5pm, the renter forfeits their right to complete a return walkthrough with LMC and will be charged for another night. If the rental is not returned by 7am the next morning, and no communication efforts have been made, LMC reserves the right to charge the renter a $3,000 abandonment fee and will be forced to contact the appropriate authorities to recover the vehicle. All drivers must be at least 25 years old and must be listed on the contract when you pick up the TT/RV.
Example: 3pm-5pm = $75 fee
After 5pm = Nightly cost
4. Travel Restrictions: No travel is allowed on any non-paved roadways like logging roads, forest service roads, beaches, etc. Driving on a non-paved road inside a licensed RV park or State campground is acceptable. Driving on unapproved roads will result in the forfeiture of your entire deposit. Mexico and Burning man are strictly forbidden and will result in a complete loss of your security deposit and immediate revocation of the rental. You will also be responsible for all costs and administrative fees associated with the recovery. Music Festivals and other burns are OK with prior approval. A higher security deposit may be required. Attending a Music Festival or Other Burn without receiving prior approval will result in forfeiture or your entire deposit. If any, damages will still apply and be charged to the card on file.
5. Toll Roads, Red Light Cameras, Parking Tickets: You are responsible to disclose any tolls, red light tickets or parking tickets to owners at the time you return the TT/RV. Toll invoices are a major burden. If we receive any tolls, tickets or fees related to your rental, a $70 administration fee plus the cost of the bill for EACH invoice will be charged to you. Responsibility for any traffic or parking violations will be transferred to you and you will be charged a $70 administration fee. If you want to use toll roads, you are free to pay at the plazas or bring your own toll tags, just make sure no invoices or toll by plate, etc. mail comes our way or the $70 administration fee, plus the bill will be applied. Note: Most toll agencies are good to work with and will help you out if a mistake is made and you call them right away.
6. Campground Reservations: We are not responsible for campground reservations – including cancelations for COVID. All campground reservations must be made separately from your reservation with us, with the campground’s reservation agency. All campground and campsite fees are separate from and in addition to the rental price and fees under this agreement. No refunds will be given for campsite reservation errors.
7. Awnings: We DO allow the usage of the exterior awning on Travel Trailers with prior approval, but advise using caution! This is for your own protection, because they are NOT COVERED by insurance and they are very expensive to repair or replace if damaged ($3,000). Damage to awnings, including damage while driving, any acts of nature, or negligence are 100% your responsibility and will exceed your security/damage deposit amount.
8. Generators: If you choose to use your own generator, the following rules will apply. Do not use generator inside the TT/RV - it MUST be kept outside. Do not leave the TT/RV unattended while a generator is running. Do not run a generator overnight or while sleeping due to safety reasons. Your generator must be a minimum of 3000 watts to run the systems within the TT/RV without causing a power issue. You, the renter, assume all responsibility for any and all damages caused to the RV & its appliances and systems by the use of a generator.
9. Tires: The tires on the TT/RV have been inspected and checked, along with all other parts, prior to your rental period but if a tire has low pressure you can refill it with air. In the rare event a flat tire/blowout occurs, some TT/RVs have a spare tire included on the front or rear. Please contact LMC or Roadside if you have any questions.
10. Rooftop Usage: We do not allow the use of the TT/RV rooftop. Any evidence of rooftop usage (shoe prints, trash, sagging areas) will result in a complete loss of your entire security deposit. In the event the damage is more than your security deposit, you agree to be fully responsible for the total cost of repair.
11. Dogs: You MUST request & get prior approval before allowing a dog in the TT/RV. LMC reserves the right to accept or decline any dog, for any reason. Dogs are not allowed on any upholstered area due to the soft material and the risk of stains, smells or other damage. We do not charge an extra fee for a dog; however, there is an additional refundable deposit required for dogs, equal to $250.00, per dog. If any pet damages occur, including evidence of pet urine or feces, you will forfeit your entire security deposit, and you agree to pay any excess damage fees. If any large amounts of pet hair are left upon return, you will be charged a full Deep Cleaning Fee for it to be removed. (See Fees Addendum)
12. LP Detector: The LP detector is present for your safety.
13. Propane: Propane must be refilled before you return, to the same level as was present at pickup, unless you have chosen to add this service (for the $50 fee) to your booking. (see fee addendum)
14. Waste Holding Tanks: There should be nothing, including, but not limited to feminine napkins or tampons, diapers, tissues, napkins, etc. put into the black water waste holding tank as this will cause it to become clogged and require an exceptional amount of cleaning to clear. You will be provided with many rolls of RV safe toilet paper and we ask that this is the ONLY thing put into the waste holding tank. There is to be nothing other than sink or shower water put into the gray water holding tank. Any type of food particles put into the gray tank may cause a clog that will require extensive cleaning &/or repair to remove.
Waste holding tanks (Gray and Black) must be emptied prior to return and valves left CLOSED, and the screw cap left ON. If tank levels do not read EMPTY on the control panel, you will be charged a $150 dump fee per tank.
15. Cleaning: We do NOT charge an up front cleaning fee. The TT/RV must be returned with a clean interior and empty black and gray tanks. “Clean” means, as you received it or better – as shown in the trailer condition acknowledgement. If you return the TT/RV dirty, you agree to pay a $150, or more, cleaning fee. Things like glitter, silly string, hair color, nail polish, etc can cause a lot of damage and should not be used in the TT/RV. You do not have to clean the exterior.
A Deep Cleaning Fee of $300 will be assessed if TT/RV is returned unclean AND requires more than a surface cleaning or any reconditioning.
16. Smoking: There is NO SMOKING allowed in the TT/RV. If smoke (including cigars, pipes, vapes, drugs, etc.) is detected you will be charged a minimum fee of $1500. NO EXCEPTIONS.
17. RV Refrigerator: The RV refrigerator needs to be level to operate correctly. It is the renters responsibility to ensure they are level when parked, to minimize risk for damage to the refrigerator. Any damage sustained by the refrigerator due to it being unlevel will be charged to the renter. Newer TTs/RVs may not need to be level to operate. Please contact LMC with any questions.
18. NO DRUGS: Any evidence of the storage, transportation, or use of illegal substances will forfeit your entire security deposit. If the TT/RV is returned with any evidence of drug use or the transportation of drugs, it will result in law enforcement being called for a report and to collect the evidence. Yes, we sadly have to add this section.
19. Odors/Cooking: We do not allow anything that can create a strong smell in the TT/RV that is difficult to remove, such as the long term storage or cooking of fish, bacon, deer, etc. These must be prepped/cooked outside the TT/RV. If food/cooking odors are detected you will be charged and agree to pay the Deep Cleaning Fee of $300.
20. Rental Pick up and drop off times: Pick up- Monday-Thursday 9am- 2pm. Friday 8am-12pm. Please reach out for Saturday & Sunday contactless pickup
Drop Off- Saturday-Thursday 9am- 3pm. Friday 8am-12pm.
21. Damage/Minor Repairs: Any damages/issues/problems/repairs need to be reported to us immediately. If a potential repair is minor, you may make the repair after consulting LMC. Do not repair anything until you’ve spoken to LMC about it. Replacement of defective parts and receipt must be brought back for reimbursement. If you purchase an item necessary due to an equipment failure (sewer or water hose, etc.) the item you purchased and the receipt must be surrendered upon return of the TT/RV, if you want reimbursement. Should you make a repair without consulting us first, or without following written/oral instructions given, you assume liability for the repair and any subsequent repairs needed.
22. Renter Damages: If the TT/RV, inside or out, and/or ANY of its contents that were present at the time of pick up, including, but not limited to couches/chairs, beds/bedding, counters, walls, everything on the inventory list, etc., are damaged during your rental period you are responsible for paying all damages, whether you were at fault or not, or if damage was caused by acts of nature (wind, rain, earthquake, fire, flood, etc.). In case of an accident, theft or vandalism occurs, you are responsible for obtaining a police report, and notifying us immediately. Insurance of any kind (Outdoorsy, RV Share, LMC etc) insurance policy does NOT cover interior damage or repairs. Damage to the interior of the TT/RV is charged to the renter, via cash upon return or charged to your security deposit. You do have the option of choosing Interior Damage Protection at checkout.
23. Towing Safety: Depending on the TT, it may required that the sway/stabilizer bars, which are provided, be used at all times while towing the trailer. Remove the sway/stabilizer bars prior to backing into a parking space or campsite. When removing sway bars/pins/clips be sure to safeguard them. Any missing pieces will result in a claim against your security deposit. Please remember that trailers are much taller than the average vehicle and are not equipped to withstand an impact with a tree, low bridge/overpass etc. and will result in damages totaling MORE than your security deposit - so be aware of low clearance signs. All damages to the TT/RV, including damage while driving (tree, low overpass, drive-throughs, etc.), are 100% your responsibility and will exceed your security/damage deposit amount. Never attempt going through a drive-through towing a trailer.
24. Appliances: The air conditioning, radio, microwave, television, stabilizing jacks, etc. are convenience items. If any malfunctions should occur with any of these items, no compensation will be made to you. In case of any malfunction please contact us immediately for assistance and we will do our best to troubleshoot or attempt to have someone come to you for repairs.
25. Camper Abandonment/Owner Retrieval: If for any reason you abandon the TT/RV, you will be charged a $3,000+ fee for Abandonment and Retrieval - plus any applicable fees for ANY lost/missing keys or items/parts from the RV/trailer. Abandonment means leaving the trailer with no intention of returning to it or delivering it back to owner/drop-off location, before the end date/time of your rental period. In the event you abandon the trailer without signing return documents, you agree to waive your right to dispute any claims due to damages, overages, or vandalism.
26. Lockout/Lost Keys: In the event a lockout occurs you agree to pay .75 cents per mile, round trip, for LMC to drive and unlock RV and a fee of $25 PER missing key. If owner is in route and key is found and TT/RV is unlocked, you will only need to pay for mileage up to that point round trip. If no lockout occurs but a key is missing upon return of RV, you will be charged a $25 fee PER key. If LMC determines a locksmith is required for lockout/lost key service, the full locksmith cost is to be paid by the RENTER, at the time of service – locksmiths must be scheduled and approved by LMC before work is done.
27. First Aid Kit: There is a first aid kit provided. Please use what you need. In the event you use anything in it, take the kit with you – Since the first aid kit is a personal and bodily fluid/pathogen related item, its not possible for us to pass it from renter to renter.
28. Extra fees: You may elect to add certain "extras" to your booking if you like. If you did not elect extra fees at the time of booking, such as the dump fee, etc., you can elect to pay them at the time of pickup or have them deducted from your deposit.
29. GPS Tracking: The TT/RV has been equipped with a GPS tracking device for safety and must not be removed/unplugged for any reason. While we welcome and encourage you to travel freely (with the exception of Mexico and Burning Man), failure to accurately report your destination, or giving an arbitrary destination in order to attend a prohibited event will result in complete loss of your security deposit and you will be requested to return the TT/RV to owner immediately. NO refund will be granted for unused rental dates.
30. Personal Property: The personal property you bring is your responsibility, and by signing this agreement, you release Live More Campervans from all claims for loss of, or damage to, your personal property, or that of any other person left/carried in or on the TT/RV during your rental period and day of return.
31. Personal Injury: You release Live More Campervans from all claims for injury, including, but without limitation to, personal, bodily, or mental injury, as well as economic loss or damage to you, children, guests, or relatives during your rental period including return period.
32. Severability: If any provision within this Supplemental Rules and Rental Agreement is determined to be invalid, void, or unenforceable judicially, the remaining provisions shall remain in full effect and force.
33. Modifications/Waivers: No provision within this Supplemental Rules and Rental Agreement can be waived or modified for any reason except in a written document in which LMC has signed.
34. Damages Above Security Deposit/Insurance Claims: In the event there is any damage above the amount of your security deposit, you agree to pay Live More Campervans any monies due and allow the rental platform company to charge your credit card on file for said charges, plus processing fees.
35. TT/RV Return: When the TT/RV is returned, you agree that it will be free from damages, cleaned, and tanks emptied BEFORE it has been unhitched from your vehicle. Once the TT/RV has been unhitched, the TT/RV will not be allowed to be taken anywhere else and the rental period will be considered complete (this is for insurance purposes). A preliminary walk through will be completed. Photos will also be taken by LMC for reporting to rental platform &/or insurance. Within 5 business days, a thorough inspection will be completed by Live More Campervans, and any fees for damages, cleaning, dumping, or any other charges will be deducted from your security deposit if applicable.
36. Credits: There will be no refund/credit for any lost rental time for any issue(s) that arise beyond the LMC’s control. This includes, but is not limited to, flat tire(s), weather, any and all systems within the TT/RV that were working at pickup (refrigerator, heater, LED lights, sound system, etc.), damages to any part(s) of TT/RV whether the renter was at fault or not, or due to renter's or any guests' negligence.
37. Rental Period Extension: If, for any reason, your rental period is extended beyond the original rental period dates, you agree that this document will also extend, be valid and enforceable for the entirety of your extended rental period.
38. Security Deposit: Your security deposit will be refunded after the TT/RV has been thoroughly inspected and no issues or damages have been found. Said inspection may take anywhere up to 5 business days post rental period.
39. Speed Limit: Towing requires special attention to speed. Trailer tires are not rated for high speed like truck and vehicle tires are. While towing the trailer, you assume all liability for your rate of speed, and by signing this agreement, you acknowledge the MAXIMUM allowed speed while towing the trailer is 65 miles per hour. When towing, you are required to follow ALL “truck speed limit” signs, and never travel in the left lane, unless passing.
40. Dry Camping/Boondocking: Camping without hookups (water, sewer, power) restricts the capabilities of the TT/RV. You are limited to fresh water tank capacity, black & gray tank capacities, battery capacity and propane capacity. These things need to be recharged, refilled, dumped, etc. These are the responsibility of the renter. LMC takes NO responsibility for limited capabilities and capacities due to dry camping/boondocking. Should you choose to dry camp/boondock, you take full responsibility and liability for the limited capabilities and capacities, and any unmet expectations due to use without hookups.
41. Hold Harmless: Renter agrees to hold LMC harmless, at all times, for all situations. Renter assumes all risk when renting a TT/RV, and LMC cannot be held responsible for any accident, injury, loss of income, loss of life or loss of or damage to personal property. LMC assumes no liability for how the TT/RV is used during the rental period.
42. This agreement serves as a supplement to the rental agreement, regardless of the rental platform (Outdoorsy, RV Share, etc) and supersedes all contradictory terms of the platform rental agreement, if any. This agreement also supersedes any contradictory terms and conditions listed on the rental platform.
BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT AND ACCEPTING KEYS, YOU UNDERSTAND THERE ARE EXTRA FEES THAT CAN OCCUR IF THE CONTRACT IS NOT ADHERED TO. THESE FEES, IF ASSESSED, WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT, AND ANY ADDITIONAL COST, IF NECESSARY, WILL BE CHARGED TO YOUR BOOKING. BY SIGNING THIS, YOU ARE AUTHORIZING OUTDOORSY, RV SHARE, RVezy &/OR LIVE MORE CAMPERVANS TO CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD ON FILE FOR YOUR RENTAL BOOKING.
PLEASE NOTE, LMC strongly opposes fees and any other charges besides the rental rate. We do not charge Pet Fees or Cleaning Fees up front in order to give the renter the opportunity to be kind & responsible by taking care of the rental as if it were their own. This is a win-win-win situation for everyone. The Renter saves money for their trip, the vehicle is taken care of properly, and we can get the vehicle into the next renter's hands as soon as possible for them to enjoy it as much as you did. Please clean up after yourselves! We love spending our time sending our guests off on trips, not cleaning up after them. 95% of our rentals come back in beautiful condition and are not charged any fees. In the event that this does not happen and the vehicle is neglected, the following fees will be assessed:
WASTE TANKS NOT EMPTIED: $150/tank charge will be assessed if black and gray tanks are not emptied prior to return.
TOILET/SHOWER CLEANING: $150/per charge will be assessed if the Toilet and/or Shower is not cleaned and/or emptied prior to return. Please clean up after yourselves. Examples include, but are not limited to, the following: Urine on the seat, Toilet Paper or waste floating in toilet, Soap Scum on shower walls, hair in the shower/sink drain, etc.
SMOKING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED: $1500+ charge will be assessed if the smell of smoke is detected in the VAN/TT/RV.
LATE RETURN: $75 between 3pm and 5pm. After 5pm, $150 or another night (whichever is greater). If the rental is not returned by 7am the next morning, and no communication efforts have been made, LMC reserves the right to charge the entire security deposit and will be forced to contact the appropriate authorities to recover the vehicle, which will result in an Abandonment Fee.
PETS POLICY: Dogs authorized by LMC at time of pickup are welcome in the Vehicle free of daily charge. Should any damage occur because of your dog, you are responsible for costs related to damage including, but not limited to, urine or waste stains, claw/scratch/chew marks, damage to furniture. No other pets are allowed.
a. Any large amounts of pet hair left upon return will be subject to the Deep Cleaning Fee of $300.
TOLL INVOICE: $70 charge will be assessed plus the cost of toll charge for EACH invoice received.
PROPANE: $50 charge will be assessed if propane tank(s) is not refilled upon return.
CLEANING: $75 MINIMUM charge will be assessed if VAN/TT/RV is returned unclean or in a condition less than received.
DEEP CLEANING: $300 MINIMUM charge will be assessed if VAN/TT/RV is returned unclean or in a condition less than received AND requires extensive amounts of effort to clean or recondition. Examples include, but are not limited to, the following: Markers, Mud, Scratches, Upholstery Tears, ETC.
EXTERIOR MUD: $100 minimum charge will be assessed if VAN/TT/RV is returned with exterior mud covering the outside of the vehicle. We remind you that the vehicle is not authorized for Off-road use, however, LMC understands some campground gravel roads may get muddy at times. It is the Renter’s responsibility to clean off the mud prior to returning the vehicle, preferably as soon as possible after incident.
UNDERCARRIAGE MUD: $175 MINIMUM charge will be assessed if VAN/TT/RV is returned with undercarriage mud. Renter acknowledges that there are expensive and important components located under the vehicle that mud can compromise if not remedied immediately.
LOCKOUT: $25 charge will be assessed per key if lockout occurs in addition to .75 cents per mile for owner to come and unlock TT/RV.
MISSING KEY(S): $25 charge will be assessed per each missing key(s).
ABANDONMENT/RETRIEVAL: $3,000 charge will be assessed if renter violates this agreement AND/OR abandons the VAN/TT/RV at any location at any time during rental period which leads LMC to recover the VAN/TT/RV, or if LMC must retrieve the VAN/TT/RV for any reason other than what has been discussed at time of booking.
**ALL ADD-ON FEES APPLIED TO YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT WILL BE ASSESSED A PROCESSING FEE OF 15%.
Waste Tanks Addendum
Most renters are not familiar with properly operating a VAN/TT/RV's black and gray waste holding tanks and; and therefore, have many questions and concerns regarding this. This addendum is meant to act as a clear outline for your responsibility as a renter for properly using and dumping the waste tanks, and the fees, if not done successfully. We will go into detail during your pickup orientation and training regarding the proper dumping of these tanks. By signing this rental contract, you are agreeing that you have been taught how to dump the tanks and that you understand how to do it. (It is always ok to call or text us with questions for waste tank dumping or other issues during the course of your VAN/TT/RV rental.) There are also plenty of Videos and training on Outdoorsy.com and Youtube.
DO NOT EVER LEAVE THE BLACK OR GRAY TANK
VALVES OPEN DURING USAGE!
RV safe toilet paper will be provided and we ask that this is the ONLY thing put into the black tank. No other items, including feminine napkins or tampons, diapers, tissues, paper towels, etc., should be put into the black tank or a clog may result.
There is to be NO food, or any other item, other than sink and shower water, placed into the gray tank. Any amounts of food particles may result in a clog that will require extensive cleaning to clear.
Waste holding tanks (Gray and Black) must be emptied prior to return and valves left CLOSED, and the screw cap left ON.
When you return the TT/RV, the tank levels will be checked during our inspection and if the tank levels on the control panel do not read EMPTY, you will be charged a $150 dump fee, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Please ensure tanks have been emptied and flushed, if necessary, and tank levels on the control panel read EMPTY prior to returning. Once the TT/RV has been unhitched/parked you will not be permitted to leave again with the TT/RV.